The only three-arched bridge in Venice today.

From the Ponte dei Tre Archi towards the Lagoon.

Cannaregio Canal from the bridge.
search | map
| home
ita | fra | eng | esp
contact us | copyright

Related Topics

no schede

Video Gallery

No video

Photo Gallery

immagine didascalia

The only three-arched bridge in Venice today.


immagine didascalia

From the Ponte dei Tre Archi towards the Lagoon.


immagine didascalia

Cannaregio Canal from the bridge.



Ponte dei Tre Archi

Rio di Cannaregio, the canal connecting Canal Grande and the lagoon, is crossed by only two bridges: the Ponte delle Guglie ("Bridge of Spires", so named on account of the four spires at the four corners) and the superb Ponte dei Tre Archi ("Bridge of the Three Arches"), originally called the Ponte di San Giobbe ("St. Job’s Bridge"), which is the only three-arched bridge in Venice today.

The bridge was built in 1688 by Andrea Tirali. Its unusual design, with three arches of varying sizes, was inspired by an old drawing from the 1500s.

Restored in 1794, this is now the favourite bridge for artists.


1600 - 1700  -   CANNAREGGIO - rev. 0.1.7

[-A] [+A]

Venice and its lagoons

World Heritage, a dialogue between cultures: which future?

credits | help