Ca' Tron on the Canal Grande. Chief seat of IUAV in Venice.

Internal hall on the noble floor, IUAV University.
search | map
| home
ita | fra | eng | esp
contact us | copyright

Related Topics

no schede

Video Gallery

No video

Photo Gallery

immagine didascalia

Ca' Tron on the Canal Grande. Chief seat of IUAV in Venice.


immagine didascalia

Internal hall on the noble floor, IUAV University.



Ca' Tron

This palace can be dated back to the late 16th Century (although parts are probably older).
It reached its moment of greatest splendour at the time of Andrea Tron – a  famous Venetian senator and ambassador who was even nominated to become the Doge – who added two wings to the palace. Apparently, in the early 12th Century the Tron family had helped found the old church of Sant'Eustachio, on whose foundations the Church of San Stae was built in the 1700s.

In 1775 Andrea Tron (nicknamed by the people "il paron de Venezia", the patron of Venice) gave a splendid celebration ball in honour of the Emperor Joseph II of Austria, visiting Venice at the time with other European princes.
During the ball, Tron’s guests all greatly admired the large ballroom with its beautiful ceiling frescoes by Jacopo Guaranda.
After the death of the head of the Tron da Sant'Eustachio family in the early 1800s, the palace passed through various hands until it was bought and restored by the IUAV (University Institute of Architecture in Venice) in 1972.


1600 - 1700  -   S. CROCE - rev. 0.1.6

[-A] [+A]

Venice and its lagoons

World Heritage, a dialogue between cultures: which future?

credits | help