The Sansovino's Fabbriche Nuove.

The Fabbriche Nuove and the Mercato di Rialto.
search | map
| home
ita | fra | eng | esp
contact us | copyright

Related Topics

Video Gallery

No video

Photo Gallery

immagine didascalia

The Sansovino's Fabbriche Nuove.


immagine didascalia

The Fabbriche Nuove and the Mercato di Rialto.


no map

The Fabbriche Nuove

In Campo della Pescheria, on the Canal Grande, is the Fabbriche Nuove complex, a Renaissance project designed by Jacopo Sansovino in 1554 as the seat of the Magistrates in charge of all customs and duty.

A long building with a portico, it sits next to the Fabbriche Vecchie, copying the architecture of this older building, rebuilt by the proto Antonio Scarpagnino after a devastating fire in the centre of Venice in 1514.
The Fabbriche Nuove completed the reconstruction of the Rialto area and defines it, as seen from the Canal Grande. The painting by Francesco Guardi, View of Canal Grande and the Fabbriche Nuove, bears witness to the importance of this complex for the economy of the city.
The Fabbriche Nuove building now houses the Court of Venice.


1500  -   - rev. 0.1.7

[-A] [+A]

Venice and its lagoons

World Heritage, a dialogue between cultures: which future?

credits | help